Wednesday, May 21, 2008
With the good comes the bad...
So everything has been peachy keen up until yesterday, Tuesday. I woke up feeling a little woozy but went to school anyways without eating. Then 5 minutes before my first class I had to run to the bathroom to `vomitar´. I returned to class just to have to leave again. After the 2nd time I decided to take myself to the doctor on campus. The doctor said I had colitis - inflammation of things you don´t want inflamed. I immediately caught a taxi home, where I spent the next 12 hours either in the bathroom or in the bed. Alfredo was nice to go get my prescriptions for me from the pharmacy and take care of me. Needless to say yesterday was horrible, and wouldn´t wish that on my worst enemy. Today I´m feeling much better, just a little weak. ¡Viva Mexico! Today after classes I got to go to a boarding school where the children stay during the week and return to their homes on the weekends. They all come from low income familied and crave attention like no other children I have ever seen. I got to play with a little boy names Francisco. We played with silly putty and then we played tag. It´s nice to talk to children in Spanish because they have a vocabulary as big as mine and they are very easy to understand. I will return to the school every Wednesday to play with the children. Next week I will take my camera so I can post pictures of the kids. They love cameras and are more than happy to be in pictures or to take them. I´ll close for now, and by the way, thanks for all the comments. Adiós!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so sorry you got sick!! I wish I could have been there to take care of you! I hope you are feeling better now. Be careful what you eat & take it easy so you can get your strength back.
Paige, Payton & Haylee are spending the night with us tomorrow(Thurs.) night. What a fun time we're going to have! Don't you wish you were here so you could chase after them too? They are sooo funny--they laugh at everything! Life's one big party, right!?!
Loved the pics--can't wait for more! Tell Gabi & Alfredo hola & gracias for taking care of you. Take care of yourself & be safe.
Hugs & Kisses,
Madre :)
Post a Comment